Guide to Dining
Welcome to West Virginia Wesleyan
West Virginia Wesleyan dining services are managed by Aladdin Food Management Services an Elior Company where we offer a program that meets the needs of today’s college student. Our three locations on campus are the French A. See Dining Center, and the Cat’s Claw Snack Bar, both located in the Benedum Campus Center
Dining Hall Meal Plan Info and Policies
Resident Meal Plans
This plan provides students with the ability to eat as many meals in the dining center during the academic year and $100.00 (annually) to spend in the Cat’s Claw. You may increase the amount by depositing to your Bobcat Bucks Plan.
15 Meal Plan
This plan provides 15 meals each week during the academic year and $150.00 (annually) to spend in the Cat’s Claw Snack Bar. You may increase the amount by depositing to your Bobcat Bucks Plan.
10 Meal Plan
This plan provides 10 meals each week during the academic year and $200.00 (annually) to spend in the Cat’s Claw Snack Bar. You may increase the amount by depositing to your Bobcat Bucks Plan.
Bobcat Bucks Plan Guidelines
- $100 initial deposit to open account.
- Accounts must be replenished in increments of $25
- Balances are carried over from Fall to Spring semester only if enrolled in a 14 or 19 meal plan for the spring semester.
- Only refunded if the student withdraws from school
- Funds are non transferable from account to account
- Funds must be used by the end of the spring semester
- Bobcat Bucks cards are available for non-residents, commuters, faculty & staff.
- Additional buying power
- Convenience & flexibility
- No annual fee
- Save time by dining on campus
- More secure than cash
- Can be used in the Dining Center, Cat’s Claw, Catering, or in Sunny Buck’s
- Allows you to budget your dining $$$$
- Visible balance after each transaction
SAVINGS! SAVINGS! SAVINGS!
Food Service Committee
The student Life Committee of Student Senate assists the Dining Management team in the task of planning and evaluating services. If you have ideas about the Dining Center, snack bar, meal options, quality or service; you may contact a food committee member, write on our Opinion card and drop it in our suggestion box, or speak the Dining Service Manager.
Special Dietary Needs
Students with special dietary needs should consult with the Food Service Director. All efforts will be made to meet the special needs of the student.
Aladdin at West Virginia Wesleyan has implemented a gluten free and lactose free station, offering fresh entrees for lunches and dinners, as well as a variety of freshly prepared sides and vegetables. Aladdin has worked toward offering ancient grains and super foods such as quionoa and edamame to also help meet the needs of vegan and vegetarian diets.
Please feel free to visit our dining center kitchen to speak directly with the chefs who prepare the food, to learn more about how certain items are prepared, and what ingredients are used.
Meals On The Go
If a required school activity prohibits you from attending a meal(s), we will pack a meal(s) for you. Please have your department head or coach request your needs two days in advance with the Dining Manager. ID will be needed when an order is placed.
Aladdin and West Virginia Wesleyan are proud to sponsor a trayless dining program. Trayless dining reduces our environmental footprint. It decreases waste, conserves natural resources (namely, energy and water) and reduces the introduction of polluting detergents, rinses, and drying agents into the water table. Socially, trayless dining can provide education and awareness about environmental issues, while also potentially reinforcing a healthy lifestyle. It is an initiative that supports campus sustainability.
We understand that there is nothing more miserable than being ill and unable to make it to meals.
A student who is ill and unable to come to the Dining Hall for meals, may have a friend pick up a sick tray for them at the Dining Hall. A note from their Residence Life Coordinator and their Student I.D. Card are required.
We have a wealth of resources available to our guests, including the expert guidance of a registered dietitian. Arrangements can be made for individual consultations concerning any dietary need, such as sports nutrition, weight control, food allergies, or medically prescribed diets.
Everyone looks forward to our monthly buffets and special events. We have holiday-themed menus and events throughout the year. Please keep an eye on table tents, banners, and events calendar informing you of what is coming.
Your understanding and observation of the following regulations will guarantee smooth, efficient operation of the Dining Hall.
- Students must obey the University personal appearance regulations while in the Dining Hall.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times.
- You are not permitted to take food from the Dining Hall.
- To avoid waste, you should choose one entrée when entering the served lines. More entrees are available for seconds.
- After dining, please return trays to the dish return and leave your table and chairs neat and clean.
- Please behave courteously at all times.
- You will not be granted credit for any meals missed.
- We also ask that you abide by all of the Aladdin policies.
Dining Area Restrictions
Removal of food or dinnerware from the dining area
Use of electronics devices that detract from the dining experience of other guests
Playing of personal music devices without headphones
Leaning back in Dining Room Chairs
Dining Hall personnel reserve the right to dismiss or suspend you from the dining area for inappropriate behavior.
Trouble opening the document?
Many of our documents require adobe reader. Download it for free below.